Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA)
The Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) curriculum allows students to express themselves and embrace their individuality by providing students’ with opportunities to engage in enjoyable, interesting and thought-provoking learning experiences. Through music making, dramatic performance, art making or designing, students creative endeavours and interests are nurtured with an aim to develop the critical skills of problem solving and self-reflection. Students participate in activities that encourage the use of creative thinking, improvisation and imagination completed both independently and in collaboration with others.
Students have the opportunity to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities including;
- School Choir
- School Band/Ensemble Groups
- Annual School Production at Civic Playhouse
- Annual Music concert at Newcastle Conservatorium
- Performance evenings, showcases, music recitals, liturgical celebrations
- Diocesan initiatives such as Diocesan Choir Showcase, DioSounds, Diocesan TheatreSports, ASPIRE
- Art shows and exhibitions
- Community projects
- Art, design, photography and film competitions
A range of excursions which include opportunities to visit sites such as Sydney Biennale, Art Gallery of NSW, Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney Opera House, Newcastle Civic Theatre.
Contact for all CAPA Courses
Leader of Learning CAPA: Mr Patrick Campbell