The College’s expectations regarding students driving have been compiled in the interests of the safety of our students and the community. There has been significant concern from the Australian public about the number of accidents involving inexperienced drivers over the past few years. Some of these accidents have led to serious injury and death. It is the expectation of the College that parents and guardians are supportive of these policies for the benefit of their own son or daughter and other students at the College.
The expectations for student drivers at the College are as follows:
- Students are only permitted to drive to and from the College once a completed Permission Form has been personally given to the Student Coordinator.
- Students are only permitted to drive to and from school. They are not permitted to drive to other College events or activities, including sport, retreats, excursions, etc. without the permission of the principal.
- Drivers are only permitted to carry one passenger unless permission has been given by the Principal to carry more than one passenger. The passenger’s name must be included on the Permission Form.
- The nominated passenger must have written permission from their parents/guardian. The written permission is to be personally given to the House Co-ordinator.
- Any student driver who is involved in illegal, dangerous, or irresponsible behaviour while driving will have their permission revoked.
- Students must remember to park responsibly in the local areas, taking extra care to avoid parking across driveways or in a manner which may inconvenience the local residents.
If any of the above expectations are breached, then the student will face significant disciplinary consequences (including suspension from the College). If any student (other than the nominated passenger) is a passenger in the car then he/she will also face significant disciplinary consequences (including suspension from the College).